DJI Mini 2 Firmware The DJI Mavic Mini 2 is one of the best drones for beginners and hobbyists. Weighing less than 250 grams, it permits you to enjoy most of the features of an advanced drone without registration. These features contain 4K video resolution at 30 fps, 30-minute flight time, durability, and intelligent flight modes.
And newly, DJI released up-to-date firmware to make the DJI Mini 2 even more valuable. So what is the new DJI Mini 2 firmware update, and how does it improve this drone?
The latest firmware for the DJI Mini 2 is V01.03.000. It enables this drone to be compatible with DJI intelligent controller, has an optimised gimbal FPV mode, solves the problem of automatic battery drain, and improves the drone’s stability in flight.
Table of Contents
How to Update DJI Mini 2
You should always use the newest firmware version to ensure that a drone works properly or to benefit from the latest features. Below are the steps to update the firmware of your DJI Mini 2.
- Make sure the drone battery levels are 40% or above.
- Make sure the controller battery levels are 20% or higher.
- Power on your drone and controller and make sure they are connected.
- Connect the controller to the smartphone.
- Launch the DJI app on your smartphone.
- Once the app is active and connected to the internet, it will always check for available updates.
- If there is, you will get a message asking you to update the drone to the latest firmware.
- Be careful not to turn off the drone or the controller during the update.
- The drone may also restart several times during the update. But there is nothing to worry about.
- The drone will turn off after the update, but the controller will still turn on.
How do I Check the Battery Firmware on my DJI Mini 2?
When you have updated your drone’s firmware, you should check if there is a pending battery update. In most cases, when you insert a new battery, you will be prompted to update its firmware. But in some cases, you might not see the prompt, which can lead to confusion about your current firmware. To check your battery’s firmware version, follow these steps:
- Insert your battery into the drone and turn it on.
- Go to Settings, then scroll down until you find “About”.
- This section displays the current battery firmware version. There is also an option to “Check for Updates”, which will force a firmware update if a newer version is available.
How do I say What Firmware my DJI Mini 2 has?
It is similar to checking battery firmware. See the steps below:
- Click the three dots in the higher right corner of the DJI Fly app to access general settings.
- Scroll down until you find Approximately.
- You will see the current firmware on the drone and a choice to check for updates.
What is the newest Firmware Update for the DJI Mini 2?
The latest firmware type for the Mini 2 out in mid-2021 (June to July) is V01.03.000, and its size is around 49.5MB. The controller, battery and intelligent organiser should have the versions following:
- Remote – v04.11.016
- DJI Fly app – v1.4.3
- Smart Controller – V01.01.00.58
Below are the key features that come with the latest Mini 2 update.
Smart Controller Compatibility
It is one of the premia and most spoken about features of the recent update. The Smart Controller is an all-in-one manager with a built-in 5.5-inch screen, power antennas and the ability to control a wide range of drones. The new update now adds the DJI Mini 2 to this list of drones. Other drones compatible with the Smart Controller include:
- Mavic Air 2
- Mavic 2 and Mavic 2 Enterprise
- Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
On the other hand, the clever controller is more consistent and durable, and the battery lasts a long time (at least 3 hours of active use). The DJI Smart Controller also arises with speakers and microphones for live streaming and SkyTalk, a feature that allows you to share images directly on social media.
Before you fly, check if you have the latest Mini 2 firmware or check for a recent update. Although the Mini 2 is already a great drone, it could still use more features to make it even better. I would especially like to see updates like an improved 4K 60fps drone or the addition of Follow Me or Obstacle Avoidance in a future update.
Essential Bodybuilding Ingredients
CrossFit Training Camp
Water Exercise – Healthy Living The Benefits Of Water Exercise