Along with soy, coconut and almond milk, oat milk joins Starbucks’ growing list of dairy-free options. It introduces two new seasonal beverages: Cocoa Macchiato and Avellana Latte.
Starbucks Chile customers can now customize their favourite beverages with oat milk, adding to the company’s existing menu of plant-based alternatives. Along with soy, coconut and almond milk, oat milk will be available in stores nationwide, giving customers even more options to meet their preferences and lifestyles.
Starbucks recently added a new type of organic milk to its list of options to personalize drinks and has given the talk; it is oat milk that enjoys hot or iced.
The new option immediately caught customers’ attention, who showed interest in learning about the benefits of it, so at PRO Chihuahua, we decided to consult the advantages of this product with bariatric Ana Fernanda Alvarado from Boreal Medic.
What is Oat Milk?
If this trendy plant-based milk isn’t on the menu at your local Starbucks, expect to see it soon. Oatly Oat Milk is now offered in select Starbucks locations, giving dairy-free customers one more creamy beverage option. A tall, sugar-free Café Latte made with it has 150 calories and 7 grams of natural sugar from oats.
Benefits of Oat Milk
Nutritionist Ana Fernanda Alvarado shared that non-dairy or plant-based milk is an increasingly popular alternative among people with allergies to cow’s milk and lactose intolerance who want to reduce calories consumed, who have metabolic diseases, or who have chosen to eat a vegan or vegetarian diet.
Cereal-based milk increasingly recommends due to its high fibre content and nutritional value, said the expert, mentioning other benefits of this non-dairy.
Reduces Cholesterol Levels
- It contains specific antioxidant and anticancer properties.
- It is fit for people with celiac disease or with gluten-free diets.
- The renowned bariatric also noted that oats are rich in nutrients such as protein, starch, unsaturated fatty acids, and soluble and insoluble fibre.
- Dr Ana Fernanda also highlighted the presence of micronutrients in oats. So including vitamin E, folate, zinc, iron, selenium, copper, manganese, carotenoids, and choline.
- The expert pointed out that it contains B-glucan, an active component with nutraceutical properties.
- B-glucan is a soluble fibre that helps delay gastric emptying and increases gastrointestinal transit time. Which is associated with low glucose levels. It also helps those who consume it with certain gastrointestinal diseases such as gastritis and reflux.
Calories in Oat Milk
Oatmeal calories are around 387 per 100 grams. But what occurs when we talk about it? So is oat milk good for weight loss?
At OneHOWTO, we tell you that a glass of oat milk contains 110 to 130 calories, 40 calories less than whole cow’s milk.
Oat Milk at the Nearest Starbucks
It is available in all Starbucks branches in Chihuahua. It appears as an option in delivery and pick-up services through the brand’s application and other food delivery services.
The introduction of oatmeal options is part of Starbucks’ bid to reduce environmental damage and its carbon footprint by 50%.
Expanding the plant-based menu universally is one more step Starbucks is taking toward its goal of reducing its carbon footprint by 50 per cent. Starbucks is committed to adding new alternatives to meet the preferences of its customers.
Is Coffee Good For Your Health?